Inspire, Motivate, and Bring Out the Best in Your People
Author: Brian Tracy
Pub Date: May 2011
Print Edition: $14.95
Print ISBN: 9780814436776
Page Count: 240
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814416907
Buy the book:
Learn How to Create a Phenomenally Productive—and Happy—Workforce
From the World-Renowned Master of Motivation
Get lean and mean. Do more with less. After years of downsizing and millions of layoffs, managers know the drill. Most have come to accept dealing with shrinking markets, increased competition, demanding customers, limited resources, and relentless pressure to deliver results as business as usual. Not surprisingly, many workers feel overextended and underappreciated, yet resigned to slogging through, day after day, because they’re afraid to risk losing their job.
There’s a better way to do more in these challenging economic times, assures business success expert and motivational master Brian Tracy. In his new book, FULL ENGAGEMENT! Inspire, Motivate, and Bring Out the Best in Your People (AMACOM) Tracy shows managers how to achieve exceptional financial results for their company by focusing on getting the highest “ROE”—that is, return on energy, physical, mental, and emotional—from their employees. The secret to creating a team, department, or entire workplace of peak performers and producers, as Tracy reveals, is simple: making people happy.
“The way you treat people, what you say and do that affects them emotionally, is more important in bringing out the best in people than all the education, intelligence, or experience you might have at doing your job,” Tracy impresses on managers at all levels. “Because you are motivated and influenced by the same things other people are, you already know everything you need to know to unlock the potential of the people around you. You just need to apply it.”
Grounded in extensive, respected research in the fields of human psychology and motivational management, FULL ENGAGEMENT! offers a wealth of insights into why people think, feel, react, and respond the way they do at work. While teaching, or reminding, his readers how to get the absolute best from nearly every person on their team or staff, Tracy inspires and guides them to become excellent managers and, as a consequence, feel great about themselves.
Complete with practical, proven strategies and helpful action exercises, FULL ENGAGEMENT! opens managers’ minds to the amazing power and bottom-line payoff of:
* Practicing the Golden Rule in all of their actions in the workplace…and always being polite, courteous, and respectful in their interactions with staff members.
* Developing clear values, vision, mission, purpose, and goals for individuals to aspire toward, igniting the flame of personal performance.
* Making people feel important—in other words, building up each employee’s self-esteem, self-confidence, and belief in his or her ability to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
* Eliminating workers’ fear of failure and rejection, driving out guilt from the workplace, and breaking the destructive habits of justifying and rationalizing criticism and blame.
* Making people feel like winners by providing ample opportunities for people to succeed and excel on the job, recognizing their efforts, and rewarding their achievements.
* Selecting the right people—with the very skills, experience, and personality to suit the position and company—and letting the wrong ones go, rather than trying to change them.
* Committing to clarity and consistency in everything, planning for results…and more.
With FULL ENGAGEMENT! managers have the potential to not only maximize workforce output and achieve exceptional results for their company, but also to create a better workplace and make a real difference in individual lives.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brian Tracy is one of the most popular business speakers and most respected authorities on management, motivation, and personal success in the world today. He addresses more than 250,000 people each year, and has spoken in nearly every major city in the U.S. and Canada, and in 56 other countries. He has produced more than 400 audio and video learning programs. He has also written 50 books, most recently with Mark Thompson, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller Now, Build a Great Business! He is the president of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in business and personal development through online training programs, and live workshops and seminars. He lives in Solana Beach, California. For more information please visit http://www.briantracy.com and follow the author on Facebook and Twitter
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.